We made some of these🍪 No Bake Cookie Energy Bites 🍪the other day to get more healthy fats in AND ward off the cookie cravings… instead of eating the sugar-laden granola bars we used to rely on.
😍MOMWIN: Some actually made it to the freezer to save for later without getting eaten 😉 Between my 3 year old, my husband and I they really don’t last long! I think because they taste like the No Bake Cookies we were used to eating back before trying to make our food choices a little healthier!
But eventually we just got sick and tired of being SICK and TIRED all the time, and figured we needed to find easier ways to get our health back under control as a busy family😊 And these cookies are full of healthy fats that keep our energy up, brains focused and metabolism going strong!
I also have a Lemon Energy Bite recipe too if that’s more your style! Just comment below and I’ll get it to ya. 🍋🍋🍋
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
Servings: 12 (two bites each)
1 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspooon cinnamon
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional!)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Use enough water to make the dough rollable but not sticky!
- Roll into balls about 3/4″ in diameter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.What would your family like better, Peanut Butter or Lemon flavored Energy Bites?
Michelle has two young boys and works night shift as a Pediatric RN. She had lost over 15lbs. and several pants sizes following an eating plan/workout routine, but then LIFE happened (we’ve ALL been there right?!) 😉 But she knew she wanted to prevent long-term health issues like high cholesterol and diabetes, so she could be there for her family for many years to come!
After working together to find a more maintainable lifestyle of balanced healthier choices, Michelle sent me this message that totally made my day: “I’m sleeping better, and feel better all around. It’s nice to be apart of a group of ladies that support each other and are so positive 💕 I love being around like-minded people that are striving to be their best.🙌”
I’m so proud of you lady, for making the decision that NOW is the time to take back your health and energy!!! It’s all about progress, not perfection. And thank you for being such an AWESOME motivator, you make our group so much fun 🎉🎉🎉 Seeing you make your health a priority, even with working shifts and being busy with your boys, is super inspiring!!!
Rebecca decided when her son was only *6 weeks old* that she was going to figure out a way to fit healthier eating and living into her busy days…because she knew if she took care of HERSELF too, everyone in the family would benefit! 😉 Happy mama with energy, peace and confidence = happier family! 💕💕 She is down 11 lbs in 6 weeks, but says the biggest benefits are increased energy, better mood, and strength!
“Our online group of ladies helps keep me accountable, but reminds me that PERFECTION is not necessary – no pressure or judgement! 😘 And having a coach is a great resource if you have questions or need ideas on how to tweak things! This lifestyle really simplifies everything, and I like the 30 min workouts because they are quick but effective. If I want a longer workout, I can do that too. It’s nice that you can really personalize the plan to fit your lifestyle–so that makes it easy to stick with. 😉
Also, you can eat real food and I am always full! Real food really does fill you up! 🥙🥗🍳🍝🍎 As for fitting in cooking, I use a lot of crock pot recipes from Pinterest and that I get from my coach/group. That makes it so easy! I make my meals during my little ones nap time, or at least prep, so we have meals every night. I often make enough for leftovers to save time 💕
My superfood smoothies have been satisfying my sweet tooth too! I used to crave sweets, and now I crave healthier foods. 🎉 Of course you can have an occasional treat, but you can make these treats healthier and/or just watch your portions.”
Rebecca your dedication to taking back your health, and setting an example for your entire family, has been SO amazing to watch! 😍 You truly are a testimony to what we can do when we have
👉 an easy plan to follow 🙌
👉a solid support system of other healthier minded ladies 💃
👉true desire to feel better and LIVE each day to the fullest
I’m so honored to have you in this journey with us!!
This wonderful lady has accomplished some HUGE milestones, including losing 50 POUNDS so far on her journey to better health and happiness!💕💕💕 This right here is why I love what I do as a coach ❤️ When my friend Ellen, a busy working single mama, sent me this message and it almost made me cry tears of joy 💦: “This healthier lifestyle & the support from our online crew of ladies has given me a WHOLE NEW LIFE!😍
I have so much more ENERGY now, and enjoy going to events with my son….like battle of the bands and football games. It’s such a sense of *freedom* to just enjoy going places and not having to worry about how far we are going to have to walk, or how many stairs there will be! 💪 My son is reaping the benefits because we are cooking more….he loves all the food that we prepare!
💕Having coaches who are there to assist you and mentor you is LIFE CHANGING and I could not have made the changes that I have made without the extra encouragement. 💕 Our online group is like a sisterhood…..we share recipes, meal prep tips, fitness ideas, and there is always someone there to lift you up when you are struggling or to say “you go girl” when you’re achieving your goals! 💃🏻
Ellen, I am SO so proud of you! You deserve this gift of health and happiness, and I know this is only just the beginning of your journey ❤️ I’m so grateful God brought us all together even if we’ve never met in person 😊
PS If you want to be part of our online Real Life Healthy Living sisterhood, and get to know some more amazing ladies like this, just use the CONTACT TAB to get in touch!
Who doesn’t love chocolate + peanut butter? Buckeye balls are a classic in my area of Pennsylvania at Christmas time. In our family we always get together to bake cookies and treats to give away (and maybe eat a few ourselves!), so I wanted to find something a little healthier to try. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have a treat every now and then – it’s all about balance!
This recipe is definitely a keeper! It uses NATURAL sweetener (MAPLE SYRUP) which is a great swap for regular white sugar, which is not only void of any nutrients but also depletes your body of vitamins and minerals, disrupts your metabolism, and zaps your energy! And there are no refined carbs hidden in there either.
General guidelines for swapping out sugar for MAPLE SYRUP: In baking, typically you can replace 1 cup of white sugar with 3/4 cup of maple syrup and reduce by 3 tablespoons the other liquid content in the recipe for every cup of maple syrup used. Because maple syrup is brown and granulated sugar is white, this replacement will darken your baked goods and cause them to brown quicker.
HEALTHY BUCKEYE BALLS
YIELD: 12 balls
1 cup 100% natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
3.5-4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1-3 Tbsp oat or whole wheat flour, IF needed
¼ tsp sea salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 Tbsp coconut oil (or ¼ Tbsp olive oil)
*Use 100% natural peanut butter for this recipe. You just want to see roasted peanuts on the label and a little salt. The no-stir kinds made with oil and sugar might not work as well.
1. Stir the jar of peanut butter well before using. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup vigorously, for 30-60 seconds, until it thickens up. It will go from runny to thick during this time.
2. Stir in the flour until combined (if your PB is dry, you might be able to skip this step or only use half). You’re aiming for a texture that isn’t too sticky, but not too dry either. Let it sit for a couple minutes to firm up as the flour will continue to absorb moisture with time. Add a touch more flour if necessary. Or if it’s too dry, add a touch more syrup.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Shape into small balls (about 12).
5. In a small pot, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat over low heat, stirring frequently. Once half the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until completely smooth.
6. With a fork, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate on the side of the pot and place the ball on a plate or cutting board lined with parchment. Repeat for the rest. Save any leftover melted chocolate for later.
7. Place balls in the freezer for around 6-8 minutes until mostly firm.
8. Dip a fork into the leftover melted chocolate and drizzle it on top of the balls to create a “sophisticated” design like the baking diva you are.
9. Freeze the balls for another 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set. If you can wait that long, you are amazing!
I’m a big fan of cooking one main meal, then reusing it multiple ways later in the week. We all have a million things to do, so why spend extra time in the kitchen if we don’t have to? This fajita-seasoned chicken can be used SO many different ways.
And you don’t need any expensive/processed packets of seasoning mix loaded with sugar, it’s super simple to make this marinade at home!!! #eatrealfood #feelrealgood
I grilled a triple batch up on a sunny Sunday after church, and we used it to make 4 MEALS that week!
1. CHICKEN FAJITAS – with Gluten Free brown rice tortillas and salsa
2. CHICKEN SALADS – leftover meat & veggies, served on salad, w/chips and salsa
3. CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS – leftover meat & veggies, served over brown rice w/salsa
4. CHICKEN DINNER – leftover meat & veggies,with grilled pineapple & quinoa
All four meals were a hit with my toddler and hubby, AND they were super easy and healthy too!! #winwin Does your family love Fajitas too??
CLEAN EATING FAJITAS W/SEASONING
Serves: Approx. 6
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or sub steak)
3 sweet onions, sliced
3 green peppers, sliced
2 tsp olive oil
- Whisk spices into 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Place sliced peppers and onions in foil, toss with 2 tsp oil and a dash of salt/pepper.
- Grill chicken and veggies for approximately 15-20 minutes. Or bake chicken in oven-safe dish sprayed with a bit of olive oil for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Veggies will only take about 15-20 mins to bake
- Cut chicken strips, serve with veggies, tortillas, lettuce and salsa.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1/6 of recipe = 1 red, 1 green, 1 teaspoon
Easy, healthy meals are the best, especially when it involves a Crock Pot and little else 😉
But really there’s no point in planning a healthier meal if it isn’t TASTY too right? So all the recipes I share here on my blog, and in with my health coaching clients, need to fit that bill!
TIP: There’s an awesome All Natural Pulled Pork Loin I pick up at Walmart from Smithfield Naturals that is Hormone/Antibiotic/Preservative free. Usually I’ll get two and double this recipe so I can freeze extra for a busy night!
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free so it’s autoimmune/thyroid friendlier too! If you’re dealing with thyroid problems or other health issues, have you found a good eating plan to help you make progress in your health goals? Share below in the comments what is (or isn’t!) working for you!!
5 INGREDIENT HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK
2 lbs pork loin or roast
1 can crushed pineapple
1 small onion
¼ cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
½ tsp sea salt
Lightly coat crock pot with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Chop the onion in large chunks and place in the bottom of crock pot.
Lay pork on top of the onion.
Add crushed pineapple, coconut aminos and sea salt, and stir to combine.
Cook on low 6-7 hours.
Shred with two forks then EAT!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: ¾ cup = 1 red protein