I used to think I didn’t like Stuffed Pepper Soup….what was I thinking?!?! This seriously tastes like Spaghetti Sauce but it’s a full complete meal. It’s a great way to get a ton of extra veggies without realizing it, and you can use quinoa OR brown rice!
I’m weird, I will eat soup ANY time of year! Anyone else like that? PS this recipe makes a TON, so freeze extra for a busy day!
STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Serves: 10, about 2 cups each
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 yellow
2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
3 bell peppers, chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 29 oz. can tomato sauce
1 29 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cups beef broth OR 2 cubes beef bouillon with 2 cups water
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef over medium high heat. Drain off any fat.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to the browned meat and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, beef broth or bouillon/water, honey, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Stir in rice and Italian seasoning,
- Gets better as it sits, freezes really well!
Adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com