The marinade works so fast because of the acid in the pineapple juice & apple cider vinegar, so it’s my “I didn’t plan anything for dinner, and I need something quick & healthy that will also be good leftover later in the week” meal 🙌Just add a little rice or potatoes and some frozen veggies!
It’s also one of my favorites out of all the 50+ pages of family-friendly recipes I give to my health coaching clients. They’ve all been tasted and approved by my family first, no Pinterest fails allowed 😂🚫🙌
🍍PINEAPPLE DIJON CHICKEN 🍍
Serves 8 (approx. 3/4 cup each)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp dijon mustard
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ tsp sea salt
1 can pineapple rings/slices (save the juice!)
1. Pound out chicken breasts and then poke holes in it with a fork on both sides.
2. Place chicken in a glass container or cake pan.
3. Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and 4 Tbsp pineapple juice.
4. Pour over chicken and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
5. GRILL METHOD: Grill chicken for approximately 15-20 minutes over medium high heat.
6. OVEN METHOD: Bake in oven-safe dish sprayed with a bit of olive oil for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Grill pineapple for 15 minutes or place on top of chicken in the oven for entire baking time.
7. Baste chicken with extra pineapple juice while it’s cooking.
Does anyone else prefer pineapple grilled vs. raw?! It doesn’t leave that funky aftertaste in your mouth!! 🍍