I’m a big fan of cooking one main meal, then reusing it multiple ways later in the week. We all have a million things to do, so why spend extra time in the kitchen if we don’t have to? This fajita-seasoned chicken can be used SO many different ways.
And you don’t need any expensive/processed packets of seasoning mix loaded with sugar, it’s super simple to make this marinade at home!!! #eatrealfood #feelrealgood
I grilled a triple batch up on a sunny Sunday after church, and we used it to make 4 MEALS that week!
1. CHICKEN FAJITAS – with Gluten Free brown rice tortillas and salsa
2. CHICKEN SALADS – leftover meat & veggies, served on salad, w/chips and salsa
3. CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS – leftover meat & veggies, served over brown rice w/salsa
4. CHICKEN DINNER – leftover meat & veggies,with grilled pineapple & quinoa
All four meals were a hit with my toddler and hubby, AND they were super easy and healthy too!! #winwin Does your family love Fajitas too??
CLEAN EATING FAJITAS W/SEASONING
Serves: Approx. 6
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or sub steak)
3 sweet onions, sliced
3 green peppers, sliced
2 tsp olive oil
- Whisk spices into 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Place sliced peppers and onions in foil, toss with 2 tsp oil and a dash of salt/pepper.
- Grill chicken and veggies for approximately 15-20 minutes. Or bake chicken in oven-safe dish sprayed with a bit of olive oil for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Veggies will only take about 15-20 mins to bake
- Cut chicken strips, serve with veggies, tortillas, lettuce and salsa.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1/6 of recipe = 1 red, 1 green, 1 teaspoon
Easy, healthy meals are the best, especially when it involves a Crock Pot and little else 😉
But really there’s no point in planning a healthier meal if it isn’t TASTY too right? So all the recipes I share here on my blog, and in with my health coaching clients, need to fit that bill!
TIP: There’s an awesome All Natural Pulled Pork Loin I pick up at Walmart from Smithfield Naturals that is Hormone/Antibiotic/Preservative free. Usually I’ll get two and double this recipe so I can freeze extra for a busy night!
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free so it’s autoimmune/thyroid friendlier too! If you’re dealing with thyroid problems or other health issues, have you found a good eating plan to help you make progress in your health goals? Share below in the comments what is (or isn’t!) working for you!!
5 INGREDIENT HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK
2 lbs pork loin or roast
1 can crushed pineapple
1 small onion
¼ cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
½ tsp sea salt
Lightly coat crock pot with olive oil to prevent sticking.
Chop the onion in large chunks and place in the bottom of crock pot.
Lay pork on top of the onion.
Add crushed pineapple, coconut aminos and sea salt, and stir to combine.
Cook on low 6-7 hours.
Shred with two forks then EAT!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: ¾ cup = 1 red protein
I used to think I needed special seasoning packets or bottled blends to actually get some FLAVOR when I marinated meat.
But those pre-packaged marinades usually are full of sodium, sugar and not-so-healthy additives, so when I started eating cleaner to relieve my thyroid symptoms (low energy & metabolism, brain fog, etc.) I needed a way to spice up our meat WITHOUT relying on those seasoning packets!
This easy marinade has been a life saver!! It’s super quick and the meat ends up really moist (dry chicken is the WORST right?). You can pair your chicken with brown rice or sweet potato and veggies, or use it on salads, wraps, etc.
What’s your fave way to reuse leftover chicken? Share below in the comments section!
FAST & FLAVORFUL MARINATED CHICKEN
Yield: 6 servings
4 large or 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1) Pound out chicken breasts and then poke holes in it with a fork on both sides.
2) Place chicken in a glass container or cake pan.
3) Mix up marinade and pour over chicken. Let sit for 1-4 hours!
4) Grill chicken for approximately 15-20 minutes. Or bake in oven-safe dish sprayed with a bit of olive oil for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1 red, 1 teaspoon