I’m a huge fan of cooking one main meal, then reusing it multiple ways later in the week. We all have a million things to do, so why spend extra time in the kitchen if we don’t have to?! This fajita-seasoned chicken can be used SOOOO many different ways.
And you don’t need any expensive/processed packets of seasoning mix loaded with sugar, it’s super simple to make this marinade at home!!! #eatrealfood #feelrealgood
Recently I grilled a triple batch up on a sunny Sunday after church, and we used it to make 4 MEALS that week!
1. CHICKEN FAJITAS – with Gluten Free brown rice tortillas and salsa
2. CHICKEN SALADS – leftover meat & veggies, served on salad, w/chips and salsa
3. CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS – leftover meat & veggies, served over brown rice w/salsa
4. CHICKEN DINNER – leftover meat & veggies,with grilled pineapple & quinoa
All four meals were a hit with my toddler and hubby, AND they were super easy and healthy too!! #winwin These are exactly the type of meal plans I love sharing in my online nutrition group, so I wanted to post it here for you guys as well 🙂
Does your family love Fajitas too??
CLEAN EATING FAJITAS W/SEASONING
Serves: Approx. 6
21 Day Fix Container Equivalent: 1/6 of recipe = 1 red, 1 green, 1 teaspoon
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or sub steak)
3 sweet onions, sliced
3 green peppers, sliced
2 tsp olive oil
- Whisk spices into 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Pour mixture over chicken and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Place sliced peppers and onions in foil, toss with 2 tsp oil and a dash of salt/pepper.
- Grill chicken and veggies for approximately 15-20 minutes. Or bake chicken in oven-safe dish sprayed with a bit of olive oil for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Veggies will only take about 15-20 mins to bake
- Cut chicken strips, serve with veggies, tortillas, lettuce and salsa.